Intellectual Property Implications of 3D Scanning and Printing
The ease of 3D Scanning, Modeling and Printing has begun a 21st century chapter in the ongoing story of intellectual property. When exactly does a copy infringe on the artist's right to profit from their work?
- Discussion of key patents regarding 3D Printing
- How practical — and legal — is 3D scanning?
- Weinberg, 2013. What's the Deal with Copyright and 3D Printing?
- Bradshaw et al., 2010. The Intellectual Property Implications of Low-Cost 3D Printing
- Matt Simon, 2013. When Copyright Can Kill: How 3D Printers Are Breaking the Barriers Between "Intellectual" Property and the Physical World, 3 Pace. Intell. Prop. Sports & Ent. L.F. 60.