Preparing for an Academic Career in the Geosciences Workshop and Approaching Stipend Deadline (4/8) for Earth Educators' Rendezvous
The deadline to apply for travel stipends to attend the 2018 Earth Educators' Rendezvous is Sunday, April 8, just under two weeks away. If you know of graduate students, postdocs, colleagues, or members of your communities who might benefit from attending the conference, please help inform them of the opportunity of travel stipends and the approaching deadline. The Earth Educators' Rendezvous program will feature panels, share-a-thons, oral and poster sessions, plenary speakers, field trips, professional development opportunities, workshops, and more. One such workshop includes the
part of the Earth Educators' Rendezvous
University of Kansas, Lawrence
The main goals of the workshop are for participants to improve their application and interview skills for academic jobs, become more effective at goal-setting, and broaden their network of colleagues and resources to help jump-start their teaching and research as a faculty member.
During the workshop and associated Rendezvous, each participant will:
- Learn about academic careers in different educational settings (e.g., two-year colleges, primarily undergraduate institutions, universities)
- Develop a plan for the next career stage and set goals to move toward that plan
- Learn about the job search process and develop or revise application materials
- Improve communication skills needed for an elevator pitch, interviews, and negotiating
- Explore aspects of effective and innovative teaching, including a choice of Monday-Wednesday afternoon Rendezvous workshops and sessions. These are open and included in registration
- Participate in break-out sessions with peers at similar career stages
You can find more details on the Rendezvous website.
To register, go to the Earth Educators' Rendezvous registration page and select the Preparing for an Academic Career Workshop as the morning workshop you plan to attend. We will accept registrations until the workshop is full.
Remember that travel funds are available! The deadline to apply for travel stipend is April 8.
Questions about the Preparing for an Academic Career Workshop? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the Earth Educators' Rendezvous? Email email@example.com