Search the Portal
This page allows you to search across all of the sites within the Teach the Earth portal.
Theme: Teach the Earth
- A Civil Action - The Woburn Toxic Trial 172 matches
- ACM Pedagogic Resources 101 matches
- CAMEL 434 matches
- Chronos Workshop 11 matches
- CISMI 14 matches
- CLEAN 354 matches
- Climate Change Collection 58 matches
- Climate Education in an Age of Media 57 matches
- Coalition for Climate Literacy 10 matches
- Curriculum for the Bioregion 209 matches
- Cutting Edge 6126 matches
- Data and Model Driven Hydrology Education 65 matches
- DIG Texas Blueprints 33 matches
- Earth Analysis Techniques 80 matches
- Earth and Mind 122 matches
- Earth and Space Science 26 matches
- Earth Educators Rendezvous 1061 matches
- Earth Exploration Toolbook 1899 matches
- EarthLabs 295 matches
- EarthLabs for Educators 167 matches
- EarthScope Chronicles 23 matches
- EarthScope in the Northern Rockies Workshop 10 matches
- ESS Vocabulary 8 matches
- Exploring the Past to Understand the Future 19 matches
- Eyes in the Sky 8 matches
- Eyes in the Sky II 361 matches
- GARNET 4 matches
- Geo-Needs 43 matches
- GeoEthics 50 matches
- GeoMapApp Learning Activities 18 matches
- Geoscience in Two-year Colleges 115 matches
- GETSI 134 matches
- Hazards 8 matches
- Integrate 3172 matches
- Integrating Research and Education 511 matches
- K-8 Geo Teacher Preparation 3 matches
- Keyah Math 17 matches
- MARGINS Data in the Classroom 121 matches
- Mars for Earthlings 87 matches
- Math You Need 126 matches
- Microbial Life 4 matches
- NAGT 1914 matches
- Nanotechnology in STEM 2 matches
- Neotoma 18 matches
- NESTA 58 matches
- Pedagogy in Action 1634 matches
- Project EDDIE 7 matches
- Quantitative Skills 321 matches
- QuIRK 3 matches
- REBUS 12 matches
- Research on Learning 39 matches
- SAGE 2YC 512 matches
- Science for Non-Scientists 1 match
- SISL 77 matches
- Spatial Thinking Workbook 31 matches
- Starting Point-Teaching Entry Level Geoscience 1214 matches
- Starting Point: Teaching and Learning Economics 7 matches
- Sustainability Workshop 22 matches
- Teach the Earth 94 matches
- Teacher Preparation 238 matches
- Teaching Computation in the Sciences 55 matches
- Teaching Genomics at Small Colleges 2 matches
- Using Data in the Classroom 220 matches
- Vignettes 233 matches
- Visualizing the Liberal Arts 5 matches
- WILSIM 19 matches
Results 1 - 10 of 22874 matches
Mysterious motions along the Pacific Northwest Coast part of Teaching Activities
Students work in small groups to analyze and interpret Global Positioning System (GPS) and seismic data related to "mysterious ground motions" first along the northern California coastline, and then in ...
What's Shaking in Greenland? part of Teaching Activities
Students will work in small groups to compare the rate of icequake occurrence in Greenland to measured air temperature over time. This activity emphasizes the Earth systems concept by connecting seismic and ...
Induced Seismicity: Are humans causing earthquakes? part of Teaching Activities
In this lab, students investigate a hotly debated topic relevant in the political, economic, and scientific arenas. They will examine the processes involved in unconventional oil and gas resource production, ...
Seismic Design Competition part of Teaching Activities
This project is a modified version of the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute Student Leadership Council's Seismic Design Competition. This project has teams of students work to research, plan, build and ...
Mt. St. Helens Volcanic Ashfall Eruption part of Teaching Activities
This activity takes place outside of the classroom and requires ~1 hour to complete. Students recreate the map of the Mt. St. Helens ash plume of 1980 and use their maps to answer a series of questions about this ...
Module 6: Geochemistry and biogeochemistry part of Critical Zone Science
Adam Hoffman (University of Dubuque) and Adam Wymore (University of New Hampshire) Summary and Overview This module examines the integrated roles that biology, geology, and chemistry play in the CZ. Engaging ...
Module 7: Humans in the Critical Zone part of Critical Zone Science
Susan Gill (Stroud Water Research Center), Ashlee Dere (University of Nebraska - Omaha), and Jim Washburne (Pima Community College and University of Arizona) Summary and Overview All humans live in the Critical ...
Unit 1.2 - Role of Soil part of Critical Zone Science
The focus on soil in this unit is accomplished by browsing and reading or browsing (in some detail) information from nine websites as well as a book chapter. This effort will help students to understand issues ...
Unit 4.2 - Carbon Budgets part of Critical Zone Science
The purpose of this unit is to explore, compare, contrast, and interpret carbon fluxes from the Ameriflux network to better appreciate the critical factors that account for the different timing and magnitudes of ...
Unit 5.1 - Water Balance of a Tree part of Critical Zone Science
The assignment is to calculate an annual water balance for a tree using data gathered at the Southern Sierra Critical Zone Observatory. In the framework of experimental design, students will organize around a ...