Data Collection Steps
Module Testing with Data Collection
The first step is for each participant to fill out a registration form which will:
- Notify SERC to give you permissions to module material and the survey instruments.
- Capture demographic information we need and give us a record of your participation in the project. Please indicate you are an HBCU Research Team materials tester in the last question on the form.
- Obtain IRB approval
- Decide how you will provide data to InTeGrate
- Decide on a Student ID, which will be used to label all student material submitted to InTeGrate (e.g. the student ID your institution assigns each student)
- Set up a SERC account, if you do not yet have one
- Complete the Course Setup Form to initiate the processing of your official contract and access to GLE questions (form coming soon)
- Collect student consent forms (if needed)
- Submit initial roster of student IDs on your course status page
- Direct students to initial attitudinal survey
- Administer the initial GLE multiple choice questions
- Take notes on any modifications you made to the materials and how students received the materials (e.g. were there barriers or misconceptions that needed to be addressed; did particular activities especially engage students in the materials, etc.) to help inform your instructor story.
- Administer the final GLE content questions (multiple choice and two essays)
- Direct students to final attitudinal survey
- Provide a final course roster and ungraded student assessment responses, labeled clearly to indicate which assessment they pertain to and with student ID numbers only (no names)
- Complete the faculty instructor story form (coming soon)
- Document your experience with teaching with the InTeGrate materials using the Instructor Story contribution form (please also make sure to click the blue text at the end of the form to "contribute an instructor story' to display the remaining form questions)