Tomorrow is the second and final day in your Th/F morning workshop, and as in previous days, the afternoon provides choices to participate in teaching demos or round table discussions followed by our second poster session and concluding town hall....it might be the last day of the Rendezvous, but the topics and learning opportunities remain robust.
If you missed Tuesday's tour, here is your second chance! Take a tour of the new Earth Energy and Environment CenterThis $78.5 million, 140,000 square foot facility was built with a philosophy of integration:
- Petroleum engineering and the geosciences faculty and students are brought together in the same facilities to enhance interdisciplinary interactions
- University research and industry application come together
- State-of-the-art labs are accessible to students
- Students are engaged in learning through real-world exercises using flipped classroom approach and industry-standard software and facilities
- Research and teaching in energy (fossil fuels and renewables) and environment (water resources and climate) are combined
Gather at 12:45 p.m. at the registration desk to join the tour.
Friday Afternoon Choices
- Teaching Demos: Check out tomorrow's Teaching Demos on weather, climate, and global change.
- Round Table Discussions Tomorrow's round table discussions include discussions on implicit bias, NGSS, HBCU working group, virtual reality field trip, building community with online courses, and more. Join us for these important discussion topics.
- Friday's Poster Session will be in Beren Auditorium (EEEC building). Themes include Broadening Participation: Attracting Students and Supporting Students and Teachers, and Course Resources. Presenters will hang their posters by 8:30 am (the hall will be open to presenters at 8:00 am), and the Poster Hall will be open throughout the day.
- Friday's Concluding Town Hall: The town hall will allow us to collectively reflect on the lessons we learned as a community at the Rendezvous, and to address any opportunities we see for collective action or impact. Sponsored by NAGT's Midcontinent Section, the event will feature complementary ice cream from the K-state dairy department. Learn more about the history of this "legen-dairy" ice cream.
We are at $3897 of our goal of $4000! Help us meet our goal and unlock the donor challenge by donating today. Donations go to providing travel stipends to the 2019 Rendezvous. Give now through your NAGT Membership account and select the Professional Development Fund.
Share an "aha moment"
Please share your "aha moments" during this week. What changed for you? What inspired you? What surprised you? What encouraged you? We recommend that you post your reflections as the experiences happen. Please don't wait till the end. Also, you are welcome to submit as many "aha moments" as you like.
Suggest 2019 programming: Have an idea for next year's Rendezvous?
Share an idea The committee will review all suggestions and work to create a balanced program that serves diverse audiences.
Where will next year's Rendezvous be?
We are working hard on a location for 2019 but just aren't quite ready for a public announcement. Location, affordability, ease of travel... these are all concerns that we weigh. Rest assured we hope to announce dates and location very soon. To be the first in the know, sign up on the 'Express Interest' form.