Assessment Using Exams
Why Use Exams?
Exams are the classic assessment tool used in education. Constructing a well-designed test, however, can be challenging.
Exam Tips for Instructors
- Quizzes, Tests, And Exams by Barbara Gross Davis, University of California, Berkeley, describes how to write well-constructed exams.
- Multiple Choice Exams
- Classroom Assessment Techniques: Multiple Choice Test guides instructors through designing effective exams and exam questions.
Example Exam Questions
- Example Exam Questions Search our collection of sites with example exams. This link will take you to a listing of sites. You can browse through the collection or search it using keywords.
- Miriam Fuhrmann, American Institutes for Research, The Effective Use of Well-Constructed Multiple-Choice Items in Geoscience Assessments (PowerPoint 415kB May18 05) Power point presentation at the Understanding What Our Geoscience Students Are Learning: Observing and Assessing Workshop.
- Browseable Information about Exams Search our collection of exam information. This link will take you to a listing of information about exams. You can browse the collection or search it using keywords.
Do you have a resource you would like to add to this collection? Help us build our collection by contributing.