6371:22043Share edittextuser=5992 post_id=22043 initial_post_id=0 thread_id=6371
New Author Orientation Webinar
April 25, 2013
9am Pacific | 10am Mountain | 11am Central | 12pm Eastern
During the session, you will log on to an online screen sharing service called Adobe Connect, where you will view presentations and chat with participants. You will need a phone line to hear the audio portion of the workshop. Instructions for both are provided below.
Adobe Connect room for screen-sharing
(You can enter as a guest and just enter your name.) Please try the link prior to the meeting to ensure you are able to log in and please log in to the meeting at least 5 minutes in advance so that we can troubleshoot potential technical issues prior to the webinar start.
Call in number for audio
1800-704-9804 (or non-toll-free: 1-404-920-6604)
872 12 952
You can also use Skype and its dial pad to call into the conference line. If you have difficulties with the toll-free number provided above, the non-toll-free option is: 404.920.6604 (same access code).
To minimize background noise, we ask that you mute your line during the call. You can do this by using a headset or Skype mute button or can dial *6 to mute and unmute your line.
- Introduction to the overall InTeGrate project and how your curriculum development fits in.
- Introduction to the authoring process, the support structure (web team liaison, assessment consultant, email list, workspace), and how to work together as a team.
Brief overview of the project (20-25 minutes)
- InTeGrate overview (Cathy) overview (PowerPoint 1.1MB Sep13 13)
- Grand Challenges and Geoscience Literacy (David McC) Grand Challenge and Literacy slides (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 435kB Apr24 13)
Overview of the documentation and authoring process with example module (20-25 minutes)
- Information for Material Developers (where you can find more info about...)
- Information for new authors: Module and course characteristics
- Expectations, teamwork, and documentation (Anne)
- Timeline, authoring, and support for teams (David S)
Action Items and Questions (SERC) (10 minutes)
- May meeting info
- Take the BARSTL survey- by May 8. You will have to log into your SERC account to access this page. If you don't have a SERC account, you can create an account with the e-mail address that's been provided to InTeGrate and you should gain access automatically. Contact Monica with any questions (mbruckne AT carleton.edu).
- Review the information for new authors page, and bring questions to the May meeting
- Review the May meeting agenda