Undergraduate Teaching for a Sustainable Future
- InTeGrate Pedagogy: Themes and Strategies for Teaching about Geoscience and Societal Issues describes the five themes that frame the materials the InTeGrate project creates and provides useful strategies for teaching about sustainability.
- The Pedagogy in Action site provides a gateway to descriptions and supporting materials for over 50 pedagogic methods, including how to use them in class and example activities that can be adapted to fit your classroom.
- The Metacognition and the Affective Domain modules, from On the Cutting Edge, provide the research behind and tips for engaging students in their learning.
- The Course Design website and tutorial offer an easy-to-apply strategy for designing courses that incorporate effective teaching methods in any discipline. A synopsis of the tutorial is also available. While aimed at a geoscience audience, the materials are relevant for many disciplines.
- The Teaching Introductory Courses module, from On the Cutting Edge, provides helpful tips and resources to aid in course design, teaching large classes, motivating students, addressing misconceptions, and more. While aimed at a geoscience audience, the materials in this module can be applied to a range of disciplines.
- The Sustainability Improves Student Learning (SISL) project provides teaching resources for teaching with a sustainability focus to engage and motivate students about their learning.
- The On the Cutting Edge Classroom Observation Project (RTOP) project provides tips for incorporating more student-centered teaching into your classroom.
- Site Guides provide descriptions and links to projects and pages organized around a topic or theme. Check out our Site Guides for: