InTeGrate News and Announcements
- EarthConnections Highlighted on NSF 2017 STEM for All Video Showcase
EarthConnections: Community Pathways to Geoscience Careers, brings together partners to create pathways in three regional pilots, focusing on key academic transitions in three diverse U.S. communities—Atlanta, GA; San Bernardino, CA; and Oklahoma. To learn more about EarthConnections, check out the project video on the NSF 2017 STEM for All Video Showcase.
- Submit Your Favorite Teaching Activity to Teach the Earth
Have you developed your own activity that works well in your classroom or in the field? NAGT is actively soliciting community members to submit teaching activities for our online education portal Teach the Earth. Activities are welcome at any time but those that are submitted to the portal by June 1 will be included in the Activity Review Camp taking place at the 2017 Earth Educators' Rendezvous in July.
- Sexual Harassment in the Sciences: A Call to Geoscience Faculty and Researchers to Respond
Thank you to NAGT members Kristen St. John, Eric Riggs, and Dave Mogk on writing the recent JGE editorial Sexual Harassment in the Sciences: A Call to Geoscience Faculty and Researchers to Respond based on the goals of the (NSF)-funded workshop: Sexual Harassment in the Sciences - A Call to Respond. The authors share their reflections on points from the workshop and results from recent studies that particularly resonated and have implications for geoscience education and geoscience education researchers.
- Earth Educators' Rendezvous 2017—Register Today!
We have had an overwhelming response to our early bird registration deadline! If you haven't registered, there is still plenty of time (although many a.m. workshops are filling). Check out the Rendezvous program and register today.
InTeGrate in the News
- News of the NSF Award Announcement
- News of the award announcement from Carleton College
- Follow up news coverage from Carleton College Helping the Next Generation Save the Planet
- News coverage of University of South Dakota Implementation Program
- News coverage of Gustavus Adolphus College Implementation Program
- News coverage of Shippensburg University Implementation Program in local media as well as in Shippensburg University Magazine
- News coverage of Washington State Implementation Program From the Washington University Press Office, From the Ellensberg Daily Record, From the Ellensberg Daily Record
- Professor Sarah Fortner, Wittenberg University (lead on an implementation program and co-author of a teaching module) has done some excellent work with the City of Springfield around stormwater runoff. Here are a couple of news items resulting from her efforts: From WYSO at Antioch College, from Wittenberg College, and from the Springfield News-Sun
- Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP) provide member highlight
- Blog post by Professor Laura Guertin in GeoEd Trek
- Mercer University organizes STEAM (STEM+Art) Day
- Mercer University organizes Second Annual Mercer STEAM (STEM+Art) Day
- Blog post by Professor Callan Bentley Mountain Beltway