InTeGrate News and Announcements
- InTeGrate is Pleased to Announce the Publication of a New Teaching Module: Soils, Systems, and Society
Soils, Systems, and Society not only fills a gap in the K-8 science curriculum, but also enhances preservice teachers' content knowledge and pedagogical content knowledge about soils. This three to four-week teaching module promotes geoscientific and systems thinking and emphasizes strong interdisciplinary connections between science content and society through locally relevant issues.
- Announcing the 2016 Early Career Geoscience Faculty Workshop: Teaching, Research, and Managing Your Career
Are you in your first three years of a permanent academic position? Apply to join us for a multi-day workshop where you will participate in sessions on topics including effective teaching strategies, course design, establishing a research program in a new setting, working with research students, balancing professional and personal responsibilities, and time management. Date: July 24-28, 2016 with optional trip to NSF on July 29. Location: University of Maryland, College Park. Application deadline: March 16, 2016
- Earth Educators' Rendezvous 2016—Important Deadlines Approaching
Interested in joining the 2016 Rendezvous but funding is a challenge? This year's Rendezvous includes addition funding for specific morning workshops. Stipend application deadlines for the following workshops are approaching:
- Geoscience Education Research (GER) Community Planning—Feb. 15
- GeoNeeds: Broadening Participating in the Geosciences Workforce—March 1
- Preparing for an Academic Career—April 1
Don't forget that Contributed Program: Oral, Poster, and Teaching Demonstration Sessions application deadline is March 1.
Join us in Madison!
- Helping the Next Generation Save the Planet: InTeGrate in the News
Carleton College highlights SERC's largest project