Materials Testing with Data Collection
Thank you for deciding to be involved in testing InTeGrate curriculum. You are helping blaze the trail to a new, collaborative process of developing teaching materials and assessing student learning that will lead to a set of rich, relevant, flexible and pedagogically refined materials. If you are not involved, but would like to be, please visit the Get Involved page.
The first step is for each participant to fill out a registration form which will:
- Notify SERC to give you permissions to module material
- Capture demographic information we need and give us a record of your participation in the project
Testing with Data Collection
After registering, there are a number of steps you will take that are detailed on the Collecting Data in Your Classroom page. Please note that for all of the assessment data collected, InTeGrate considers an 80% matched response rate a complete set of data. Please visit the Data Check links for detailed information.
- Obtain IRB approval
- Decide how you will provide data to InTeGrate
- Decide on a Student ID
- Decide on a per-student measure of assignment completion
- Set up a SERC account
- Complete the Course Setup Form (this initiates your official contract and access to GLE questions)
- Collect student consent forms (if needed)
- Submit initial roster of student ID's
- Direct students to initial attitudinal survey
- Administer the initial GLE multiple choice questions
- Administer and Collect Embedded Assessments
- Administer the final GLE content questions (multiple choice and essays)
- Direct students to final attitudinal survey
- Provide a final course roster, measure of assignment completeness, and student assessment responses
- Complete the faculty reflection survey
Once your completed assessment data has been received and you have reflected on the process of teaching InTeGrate curriculum, your payment of $500 will be made. Thank you from all of the InTeGrate project team members!! Your efforts are much appreciated.
Check out the Frequently Asked Question page or contact your webteam liaison, Monica Bruckner (mbruckner at carleton dot edu)