These resources were suggested by participants in the 2017 Teaching About Earth Online workshop held at Penn State University.
From the Workshop:
- Celly - Provider of one or two-way communication groups
- DropThought - Mechanism for gathering student feedback.
- Google Hangouts - Video conferencing option for meeting synchronously with students.
- Inkscape - Free and open source vector graphics editor
- Padlet - Online collaboration platform
- Piazza - Free question and answer community platform.
- Popplet - Online platform for capturing and visually organizing ideas
- ProctorU - Provider of secure online testing.
- Yammer - Online collaboration platform
- Volcano Discovery - Interactive data on volcanic eruptions
- USGS Earthquake Viewer - Interactive map of recent earthquakes from the USGS
- GEODE: Google Earth for Onsite and Distance Education
- Mid-Atlantic Geo-Image Collection (MAGIC) - A GigaPan repository developed at Northern Virginia Community College featuring a growing collection of geologic images at many scales.
- Mid-Atlantic Geo-Image Collection (MAGIC) Virtual Field Trip Collection
- Earth Quiz - A Crowd-Sourced Resource for Teaching and Learning Geoscience
- Mid-Atlantic Geo Image Collection - 3D models of geological outcrops and samples
- The Ocean Observatory Initiative - Platforms and sensor systems measure physical, chemical, geological and biological properties and processes from the seafloor to the air-sea interface.
- EPA: Search for Superfund Sites Where You Live
- EPA: My Environment - Enter a zip code to get information about a particular locale.
- Earth Data - Access NASA Earth Science Data
- Ocean Tracks - Data source using data from tagged marine animals
- Google Earth Streamflow KML Files