By October 30
- TRAVEL: Complete your travel plans and let Melissa (firstname.lastname@example.org) know what they are so we can finalize the hotel reservation and plan the car pools or shuttles as needed. See Travel & Logistics page for more information.
- WORKSHOP PREP: In order to best target the workshop to support what will help you in your field geodesy teaching, we are asking for a bit more information on your evolving vision for what the teaching will entail. To that end:
- Please fill out your row of this Cohort 1 Plans for Teaching spreadsheet.
- Unless you are very familiar with the GETSI field teaching modules you will probably need to review them to consider some of the field applications that might best work for your situation.
- High Precision Positioning with Static and Kinematic GPS/GNSS
- Analyzing High Resolution Topography with TLS and SfM
- Watching this webinar on the field modules is another way to familiarize yourself with the goals and elements - Integrating GPS, SfM, and TLS into Geoscience Field Courses
By meeting start (Nov 15)
- Review relevant geodesy field methods for your plans (unless you are already very familiar)
- GPS - GPS/GNSS Fundamentals -- manuals are at the bottom of the Unit 1 page
- SfM - Introduction to SfM -- manuals are at the bottom of the Unit 1-SfM page
- TLS - Introduction to TLS -- manuals are at the bottom of the Unit 1-TLS page
- Learn a bit about Emlid Reach RS2, which is the GPS we are purchasing for the education equipment loan pool
- Emlid Reach RS2 Tutorials - no need to go through all of these but it would be good to scan them at least to see the elements
- Emlid Reach RS2 QuickStart - again no need to view all of these but seeing a couple of the short videos will help you get a sense for the equipment and workflow
- You could install the Emlid ReachView app on your smart phone or tablet
Plan to bring a laptop to the meeting! If you have a PC, that is extra good because you will be able to use the GPS post-processing software; but we will have some extra PCs available too.Contact Beth Pratt-Sitaula (prattsitaula AT unavco.org) if you have questions.