We look forward to your upcoming participation in the fourth annual Earth Educators' Rendezvous in Lawrence, KS this summer.
Don't forget about these upcoming deadlines and events:
- Be a part of the contributed program! Submit poster and share-a-thon presentations by this Sunday, June 3: If you're interested in presenting and haven't submitted an abstract for a poster or share-a-thon (or if you'd like to submit more than one), we have extended the late submission deadline until Sunday, June 3. Check it out and consider sharing your research, teaching ideas, and expertise!
- Summer is always a busy time for travel. Be sure to book your Rendezvous housing soon. Check out the housing options on the Travel and Lodging page. Most blocks are available to take reservations until mid-June.
- Want to guarantee you get an Earth Educators' Rendezvous t-shirt in your size? Make sure to pre-order by June 15. This year's t-shirt depicts the Rendezvous logo as a rising sun against the backdrop of rolling hills with sunflowers. Pre-order by June 15.
- Seats are still available in many of the Rendezvous morning workshops. Please let your friends and colleagues know about the Rendezvous and encourage them to attend. Registration is open until early July.
- Have some time to explore? Consider joining Sunday's pre-Rendezvous field trip to the Konza Prairie Long Term Ecological Research Site. If you didn't sign up for the field trip as part of your registration, space is still available. Email email@example.com to be added.
- New Events Added to the Program!
- Want to learn more about NAGT publications, the people behind them, and how to contribute? Join us for the NAGT Meet the Editors event during the Wednesday poster session.
- Interested in establishing and strengthening students' interest in the geosciences from early education through college, and into their careers? Check out the EarthConnections events at the Rendezvous, which link geoscience learning to community service. Events include a Monday oral session, Monday evening Forum, a Wednesday afternoon mini-workshop, and Wednesday evening open meeting. Also check out EarthConnections and EarthConnections-related events offered as part of the Wednesday poster session, roundtables, afternoon workshops, and more.
Additional information on evening events, badge check in, and program updates will be forthcoming. We look forward to seeing everyone this summer in Lawrence!