There are two layers to this site. The section you are in right now contains the workshop information, and the section 'above' this one contains resources related to teaching about hurricanes and climate change.
In the workshop part of the site, you'll find:
- Technical instructions for how to use the various tools you'll need for the workshop
- Discussion threads
- An overview of the workshop goals
- A list of workshop participants with links to their profile pages.
A good place to start is the resources for teaching page. This contains a list of existing materials found across the SERC web sites.
In particular, some of the highlights found on that page are:
- A collection of hurricane visualizations
- A complete classroom module containing 9 activities about hurricanes
- And a module that uses internet research for teaching about Hurricane Katrina.
Some of the useful things contained here are: