Improving Student Writing
For Students to Read:
- Information on how to cite sources and what constitutes plagiarism from the Dartmouth College Institute for Writing and Rhetoric
- Strunk, W., Jr. & White, E. B., 1979. The Elements of Style, 3rd ed. New York: Macmillan, 85pp.
- Guide to Grammar and Writing from the Capital Community College Foundation. Check out the Essay and Research Paper Level and the quizzes.
- Writing Resources: a series of handouts developed by Harvard University's Writing Center that focus on writing essays. Topics include essay structure, thesis development, topic sentences, transitions, conclusions and revisions.
- Peat, J., Elliott, E., Baur, L., and Keena, V. 2002. Scientific Writing: Easy When You Know How, BMJ Publishing Group.
For You to Read:
Improving Your Writing