- A Study of Educational Simulations Part I - Engagement and Learning, W. K. Adams, S. Reid, R. LeMaster, S. B. McKagan, K. K. Perkins, M. Dubson and C. E. Wieman, Journal of Interactive Learning Research, 19(3), 397-419, July 2008.
- A Study of Educational Simulations Part II – Interface Design, W. K. Adams, S. Reid, R. LeMaster, S. B. McKagan, K. K. Perkins, M. Dubson and C. E. Wieman, Journal of Interactive Learning Research, 19(4), 551-577, October 2008.
- How does the type of guidance affect student use of an interactive simulation?, A. Paulson, K. Perkins, and W. Adams, Phys. Rev. ST Phys. Educ. Res., in review, 2009.
- Can Computer Simulations Replace Real Equipment in Undergraduate Laboratories? N. D. Finkelstein, K. K. Perkins, W. Adams, P. Kohl, and N. Podolefsky, PERC Proceedings, 2004.
- When learning about the real world is better done virtually: a study of substituting computer simulations for laboratory equipment, N.D. Finkelstein, W. K. Adams, C. J. Keller, P. B. Kohl, K. K. Perkins, N. S. Podolefsky, S. Reid, R. LeMaster , Phys. Rev. ST Phys. Educ. Res. 1, 010103, 2005.
- Assessing the Effectiveness of a Computer Simulation in Introductory Undergraduate Environments, C. J. Keller, N. D. Finkelstein, K. K. Perkins, and S. J. Pollock, PERC Proceedings, 2006.
- PhET: Interactive Simulations for Teaching and Learning Physics, Katherine Perkins, Wendy Adams, Michael Dubson, Noah Finkelstein, Sam Reid, Carl Wieman, Ron LeMaster , The Physics Teacher, 44(1), 18, 2006.
- Assessing the effectiveness of a computer simulation in conjunction with Tutorials in Introductory Physics in undergraduate physics recitations, C. J. Keller, N.D. Finkelstein, K. K. Perkins, and S. J. Pollock, PERC Proceedings, 2005.
- "A research-based curriculum for teaching the photoelectric effect," S. B. McKagan, W. Handley, K. K. Perkins, and C. E. Wieman, American Journal of Physics, 77, 87 (2009).
- How People Learn: Brain, Mind, Experience, and School, J. D. Bransford, A. L. Brown, and R. R. Cocking (National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., 1999).