Some specific examples
- Geologic Puzzles: Morrison Formation: A 5-20 minute think-pair-share activity giving students opportunities to practice interpreting the geologic history.
- Ocean Stratigraphy Challenge: A 15-20 minute think-pair-share activity interpreting a deep-sea sediment core combining concepts from oceanography, sedimentology, and plate tectonics.
- Order It Up!: A think-pair-share activity which involves putting solar system bodies in order based on various statistics: escape velocity, distance from the sun, mass, etc.
- Quicksand: A think-pair-share activity in which students answer questions about quicksand.
- Weathering Rates A think-pair-share activity in which students calculate weathering rates from tombstone weathering data.
Examples by type:
- These interactive activities include think-pair-share examples (including those given above).
- These ConcepTest questions could be used for think-pair-share activities.
- Some examples of images that could be used as a basis for think-pair-share activities.