Rio Tinto Collection - Advanced
- A Comparative Ecological Study of Two Acidic Rivers in Southwestern Spain. This journal article analyzes select physicochemical and biological characteristics of two acidic rivers, the Tinto and the Odiel, located in the Pyritic Belt of Southwestern... (more info)
- Eukaryotic Diversity in Spain's River of Fire. This brief journal communication describes the eukaryotic diversity of Spain's Rio Tinto, which is surprisingly greater than that of the prokaryotes. Morphology and... (more info)
- From Genes to Genomes: Beyond Biodiversity in Spain's Rio Tinto. This journal article reports the unexpectedly high eukaryotic phylogenetic diversity in Spain's Rio Tinto. Microbes of the Rio Tinto must be both acidophilic and... (more info)
- Microbial Community Composition and Ecology of an Acidic Aquatic Environment: The Tinto River, Spain. This journal article examines the correlation between physicochemical and biological characteristics of the Rio Tinto in Spain. It explains that the extreme acidic... (more info)
- Microbial Ecology of an Extreme Acidic Environment, the Tinto River. This journal article analyzes the microbial ecology of the Rio Tinto, an extreme environment with a rather constant acidic pH and high concentration of heavy metals... (more info)
- Rio Tinto estuary (Spain): 5000 years of pollution. This journal article examines the major sources of pollution in the Rio Tinto estuary of southern Spain. The introduction includes a historical perspective of the... (more info)
Other Rio Tinto Collections
General Collection: Resources such as news articles, web sites, and reference pages provide a comprehensive array of information about Rio Tinto.
For Educators: This collection includes activities, assignments, and reading materials created specifically for educators.
Microbial Mining: This collection highlights online resources dedicated to microbial mining.
For additional resources about Rio Tinto, search the Microbial Life collection.