Defining Inclusive Excellence at Nebraska Wesleyan University
Thursday, June 17, 2021 & Friday June 18, 2021
1:00 PM to 4:00 PM CT
- Jim Swartz, Grinnell College (on site)
- Sarah Fortner at SERC, Carleton College (virtual)
Nebraska Wesleyan faculty, administrative and staff participants will explore how to define inclusive excellence together based on evidence-based strategies for promoting inclusivity, institutional data, and their knowledge of challenges and opportunities. Together they will cocreate a shared definition of inclusive excellence and core foci for action planning.
Meeting ID: 980 3362 1379
Before the workshop
- Please review our Meeting Norms and Code of Conduct
- Instructions for using a Serckit Workspace
- Private workspace for this workshop.
- DiBartolo, P.M., Gregg-Jolly, L., Gross, D., Manduca, C.A., Iverson, E., Cooke III, D.B., Davis, G.K., Davidson, C., Hertz, P.E., Hibbard, L. and Ireland, S.K., (2016). Principles and Practices Fostering Inclusive Excellence: Lessons from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute’s Capstone Institutions (Acrobat (PDF) 400kB Jun3 21)
- Estrada, M., Eroy-Reveles, A. and Matsui, J., (2018). The Influence of Affirming Kindness and Community on Broadening Participation in STEM Career Pathways
- Gregg-Jolly, L., Swartz, J., Iverson, E., Stern, J., Brown, N., & Lopatto, D. (2016). Situating Second-Year Success: Understanding Second-Year STEM Experiences at a Liberal Arts College (Acrobat (PDF) 1.1MB Jun3 21)
Contact Angela McKinney (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
This workshop is sponsored by The Iowa Illinois Nebraska STEM Partnership for Innovation in Research and Education (IINSPIRE ).