For the InstructorThese student materials complement the Future of Food Instructor Materials. If you would like your students to have access to the student materials, we suggest you either point them at the Student Version which omits the framing pages with information designed for faculty (and this box). Or you can download these pages in several formats that you can include in your course website or local Learning Managment System. Learn more about using, modifying, and sharing InTeGrate teaching materials.
We are very happy that you have decided to join us this semester. Before we begin our semester of study together, it is important that you review all of the material in the syllabus. These two resources will prepare you to be successful in this course and will make the journey over the next 16 weeks significantly easier for you. Below are links to the readings for the course.
Section 1: Introduction
- Module 1: Introduction and Overview
- Module 2: History of Food Systems - co-evolution of agriculture and biota
- Module 3: Diet and Nutrition - interactions between soil fertility, global nutrient cycles, and food production systems
- Capstone Project: Stage 1
Section 2: Environmental Dynamics and Drivers
Section 3: Systems Approaches to Managing our Food
- Module 7: Soils and a Systems Approach to Soil Quality
- Module 8: Pests and IPM
- Module 9: Climate Change
- Capstone Project: Stage 3
Section 4: Food Systems and Sustainability