For the InstructorThese student materials complement the Future of Food Instructor Materials. If you would like your students to have access to the student materials, we suggest you either point them at the Student Version which omits the framing pages with information designed for faculty (and this box). Or you can download these pages in several formats that you can include in your course website or local Learning Managment System. Learn more about using, modifying, and sharing InTeGrate teaching materials.
Goals and Learning Objectives
- Identify connections between human and natural components of food systems.
- Understand and apply systems thinking principles to food systems.
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Construct a concept map representing two food systems.
- Identify human and natural component parts of food systems.
- Apply systems thinking strategies in analyzing food systems at an elementary level, including assessing relationships between natural and human system factors that display key functions and characteristics of food systems.
- Identify sustainable and unsustainable characteristics of food systems.