For the InstructorThese student materials complement the Future of Food Instructor Materials. If you would like your students to have access to the student materials, we suggest you either point them at the Student Version which omits the framing pages with information designed for faculty (and this box). Or you can download these pages in several formats that you can include in your course website or local Learning Managment System. Learn more about using, modifying, and sharing InTeGrate teaching materials.
Capstone Project Stage 2
Water, crops, and climate
The diagram below summarizes the topics you will explore in Stage 2 for your assigned region.
What to do for Stage 2?
- Download and complete the CapstoneProject_Stage2.docx worksheet that contains a table summarizing the data you'll need to collect to complete this stage. Remember, you need to think deeply about each response and write responses that reflect the depth of your thought as informed by your research.
- Add relevant data to your PowerPoint file.
- Add questions and continue to research the questions in your word file.
- Capstone Project Overview: Where do you stand?
- At this stage, you should have started to investigate your assigned region and have added information, maps and data to your worksheets and powerpoint file for Stages 1 and 2.
Upon completion of stage 2, you should have at this point:
- Confirmed which region you will study for your capstone project and identified the members of your group.
- Initiated research and data compilation in the Stages 1 and 2 sections of the Future Food Scenarios table.
- a. Stage 1: Regional food setting, history of regional food systems, soil types
- b. Stage 2: Water resources, c, ops and climate
- Created a powerpoint file to hold the data that you are collecting about the food system of your assigned region. The information you may have:
- a. Labeled map of your region
- b. Soil map of your region
- c. Precipitation and temperature map of your region
- d. Major crops and crop families grown in your region
- Compiled an initial list of questions you have about your region related to key course topics and initiated significant efforts to answer.