Become an Entrepreneur
One of the most difficult parts of entrepreneurship is finding start up funds that will cover the cost of research, development, and testing. However, there are a growing number of options to obtain this funding. NSF sponsored programs such as I-Corps provides funding as part of a competitive grant solicitation. Learn more about I-Corps nodes and projects that have been funded to date from this interactive map.
- The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship provides a community of support as well as links to helpful resources, such as those to associations, publications, and more.
- Student Entrepreneurs: A Reality-Based Video Series following the STEM Virtual Enterprise provides videos from successful teams at CUNY that aim to inspire and educate new entrepreneurs.
- Why We Need More Minority Tech-Entrepreneurs, an article from Forbes magazine by Rebecca O. Bagley.
- Innovation, Patents, & Entrepreneurship, from the National Institute for Faculty Equity offers presentations and other resources to engage and support minority and women entrepreneurs.
- Smart Steps to Sustainability: A Guide to Greening your Small Business from the US EPA
- Academic Entrepreneurship provides a series of four articles from Inside Higher Ed by Kerry Ann Rockquemore comparing entrepreneurship with academia. A short self-reflection quiz is given at the end of each article.
- Explore these entrepreneur-related TED talks or see Forbes magazine's Top 10 TED Talks for Entrepreneurs