Featured Stories in Diversity: Personal narratives of overcoming obstacles to inclusion and implications for the Geosciences
Tuesday 2:15-3:45pm PT / 3:15-4:45pm MT / 4:15-5:45pm CT / 5:15-6:45pm ET Online
Leah Courtland, University of Indianapolis
Danielle Sumy, EarthScope Consortium
Samuel Nyarko, Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis
Laura Rademacher, University of the Pacific
Join your fellow Geoscientists as we debut the NAGT Diversity Stories. This is a collection of lived experiences and lessons learned from within our community relating to the broad themes of diversity, equity, and inclusion. It is an opportunity to view and reflect on the stories, and interact with a diverse panel of contributors and experts, as we discuss the implications of how these experiences impact our personal and professional lives and actions for moving forward.
Explore the collection of community-contributed stories or submit your own story.
- Pranoti Asher, Assistant Director, Grants and Education Programs at American Geophysical Union
- Wendy Bohon, Senior Science Communication Specialist, Education & Public Outreach, IRIS
- Samuel Cornelius Nyarko, PhD Candidate, Mallinson Institute for Science Education, Western Michigan University
- Blair Schneider, Associate Researcher and Science Outreach Manager, Kansas Geological Survey
- Leah Courtland, Associate Professor, Physics & Earth-Space Science