Dear Online Rendezvous Participant,
To those participants just beginning Online Rendezvous, welcome! Tomorrow is transition day. Whether you are just joining us for the second part of the Rendezvous or if you have been with us since the beginning of the week and just wrapped up your Monday-Wednesday morning workshop today, we look forward to another round of high quality, intellectually rich Thursday/Friday programming. As you prepare for tomorrow's schedule of events, please make note of the following:
Thursday Afternoon Options
Thursday's plenary speaker is Carl Wieman, Professor of Physics and of the Graduate School of Education, Stanford University. The session Taking a Scientific Approach to Teaching Science will be held at 12:00-1:00pm PT / 1:00-2:00pm MT / 2:00-3:00pm CT / 3:00-4:00pm ET. This session is sponsored by the NAGT Teacher Education Division (TED). Reminder that as with the contributed program, all participants are welcome to attend the plenary sessions, regardless of the number or which days they have registered for. Connection information can be found on the plenary web page.
Want to attend one of tomorrow's afternoon mini-workshops? Rendezvous participants registered for Thursday can find connection information for each workshop on the mini-workshop pages below. Having trouble viewing the connection information? Contact the person listed on that page. The mini workshops will be held 12:00-2:30 PT / 1:00 - 3:30 MT / 2:00 - 4:30 CT / 3:00 - 5:30 ET and will run concurrently for 2.5 hrs, unless otherwise noted. See list below for options:
- Designing and Running Effective Workshops
- Applying the ICAP Theory of Cognitive Engagement to Active Geoscience Learning
- Facilitating Student Centered Community Action Projects
- Broadening participation in the geosciences through undergraduate on-ramps: Lessons learned in the SAGE 2YC Project
- Theories of Change and Logic Models
- Eos in the Classroom: Building Educational Resources with Science News
Chat with Your Online Rendezvous Exhibitors
Visit your Rendezvous exhibitors LIVE on Zoom! Connection information is posted on the individual exhibitor pages. The exhibitor schedule for the remainder of the week is as follows:
- UNAVCO Thursday from 11am-12pm PT / 12pm-1pm MT / 1pm-2pm CT / 2pm-3pm ET
- Raspberry Shake Daily from 10am-11am ET, 2pm-3pm ET, 5pm-6pm ET
- IRIS (Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology) Friday from 11am-12pm PT / 12pm-1pm MT / 1pm-2pm CT / 2pm-3pm ET
- Little River Research and Design Little River may be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 618-529-7423
Share your Experience
Before and During a Session
A SERC staff person is listed on every session web page. If you need help regarding a specific session, contact the person listed on that page.
Need help with something not related to a specific session? Click on the chat button on the bottom right corner of any 2020 Rendezvous web page to chat with a SERC staff person.
CEU Credit Opportunity
Interested in receiving Continuing Education Unit credit for participation at the Rendezvous? Complete the end of workshop evaluations and attendance sign in sheets. Send your request to NAGT's Executive Office at email@example.com.
Share Your Ideas for Next Year's Rendezvous at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities!
Share your ideas for the 2021 program! The committee will review all suggestions and work to create a balanced program that serves diverse audiences. We ask that suggestions be made by October 1, 2020 for consideration for the 2021 program.
Be sure to check your email for our evening communication which will include last-minute updates and highlights for the next day. If you do not receive a daily email, be sure to check your "spam" folder.
Have a great evening!
Caroline Smith, on behalf of the Rendezvous conveners