- we will participate fully in the entire morning workshop for which we registered
- we will participate fully in any mini-workshop we attend
- we will move between contributed sessions at the completion of presentations
- we will be courteous and respectful of others
- we will aim to allow all to have an opportunity to participate in discussions
Before the Rendezvous
As you prepare for the Rendezvous, take a moment to look over this information
Arriving at the Rendezvous
- Ground transportation options for arriving in Madison
- Parking on campus? Parking is available in Helen C. White Hall basement parking structure (immediately west of Memorial Union) or in the City of Madison State Street Campus Lot, on north Lake St., one block east and one block south of Memorial Union. Additional parking is available in city-run ramps and lots; and in university garages and ramps. Street parking near campus is usually restricted to two hours. Locations of parking spaces, real-time available spaces, and forms to purchase day or half-day parking permits are available on the UW Transportation Services webpage.
- Staying in the dorms? Please consult the Ogg Hall Info Sheet (Acrobat (PDF) 89kB Feb12 16)
- Registration check in/name badge pickup (you must check in before attending any events, please leave time to check in and walk to your first event)
During the Rendezvous
On Campus Locations
All events will take place on the University of Wisconsin at Madison campus in the following buildings (see map to right, or download: UW Madison Map (Acrobat (PDF) 1.2MB Jul11 16)
Connecting to WiFi
The UWNet WiFi is free and available in most campus buildings. In order to connect, guests will need to register for guest access when connecting for the first time. If your institution is part of the eduroam community, you may also be able to connect with your eduroam login.
Many groups will capitalize on being together at the Rendezvous to move their own research forward. View Working Group Room Schedule.
Continue networking with colleagues and friends at the variety of evening events and gathering spots
Connect Via Social Media
New to the Rendezvous and looking for lunch/dinner companions? Do you want to follow up with folks following discussions started in your workshop or poster session? Please utilize our digital message board to continue the conversations and networking.
If you know of something that you think other participants should know about, just send a tweet to @nagtgeo and include the hashtag #EERendezvous16. We'll be gathering all those tweets together on a page so that we can all benefit in near-real time.
The Rendezvous will also be sharing images and posts of interesting things happening via the NAGT Facebook page. Go "Like" us so you'll get these updates as well!
Rendezvous Running Group
For our running and walking friends visiting Madison, we've partnered with Movin' Shoes (528 South Park St.), a local running store, to provide fun and safe routes for anyone looking to get out and see the city on foot. Staff from Movin' Shoes have put together several route maps that will be available upon request. We will also use those routes for informal group runs each morning and evening, as interest dictates. Routes will range in distance and provide different segments of the city including campus, the capital area, and surrounding neighborhoods. If you are interested in getting access to the maps or joining (or leading) group runs, please contact Kyle Fredrick (firstname.lastname@example.org). All paces and experience levels are welcome!
After the Rendezvous
Staying in the area after the Rendezvous? Madison and the surrounding area provide limitless opportunities for fun and relaxation in one of the most beautiful areas of the Midwest. Check out these sites for event calendars, restaurant recommendations, maps, tours, etc.Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau
Monona Terrace Convention Center (designed by Frank Lloyd Wright)
Wisconsin State Capitol tours
American Players Theatre
National Mustard Museum
Taliesin-Frank Lloyd Wright's Home in Spring Green, WI