- Users who are selected will be given access to the online Review Tool.
- Guidelines for Website Review (Acrobat (PDF) 91kB Jun22 16)
- Date, Time, and Location:
Sunday July 17
8:30am - 5:00pm
Weeks Geology A259
2016 Rendezvous Website Review Camp
July 17, 2016, Madison, WI
Sunday, July 17, from 8:30am to 5:00pm
In association with the second annual Earth Educators' Rendezvous
Volunteers will attend a one-day "Review Camp" to help peer review the websites that contribute to NAGT's Teach the Earth portal. The Review Camp will be held prior to the Earth Educators' Rendezvous in Madison, WI, on Sunday, July 17, from 8:30am to 5:00pm. We seek reviewers whose expertise spans the geoscience disciplines and educational spectrum who can evaluate the content and quality of these websites to further NAGT's efforts to promote and disseminate high-quality online resources. We will select up to 10 volunteers from those who apply. For this important service, Cutting Edge will provide a $500 stipend that will help to offset your travel and accommodations.
Prior to the camp, participants are expected to:
- complete two website reviews by June 8.
- participate in one virtual meeting in late June.
During the camp, participants are expected to:
- refine their completed reviews
- complete additional reviews (10 total)
We expect that, on average, each review will take an hour, but this will vary according to the scope of the website. At the review camp, the group will discuss any issues that may arise from your reviews.
The websites to be reviewed cover a range of topics related to teaching about the Earth across disciplines. Reviewers will be selected:
- based on their experience using online resources to support their teaching.
- to develop a cohort with relevant experience that includes multiple educational perspectives, from K-12 experience to higher education, education research, administration, and informal education.
Questions: Contact Anne Egger