Sharing Resources and Data
Duration - 2 hrs - 9-11 am (PST) | 10-12 pm (MST) | 11-1 pm (CST) | 12-2 pm (EST)
Format - Online web presentation via phone and Adobe Connect web conference software followed by discussion and collaborate problem solving.
Next steps: Building a community of educators who collaboratively create, share, and assess the use of videos for strengthening geoscience learning. Discussion of potential for collaboration among whole group and smaller subgroups focusing on specific topics or courses.
- Review goals of ongoing collaborative network sharing resources (pros, cons, and ways to make it work)
- Develop concrete plans for ongoing collaborations
- Complete or make plans to complete online web resources developed during the workshop
Tentative program (subject to change)
- 20-minutes: 5 minutes each work group discusses previous week's work.
- Group 11: Developing Activity Sheets to Accompany Video -- Presenter: Scott Brande
- Group 12: Using Video to Flip a Class -- Presenter: Christian Benker
- Group 13: Using videos to supplement lecture (self study/review) -- pros/cons and challenges -- Presenter: Al Trujillo
- Group 14: Assessing the effectiveness of video use in a course -- Presenter: Zach Schierl
- Gallery Topic 1: What resources could you use or what topics would you still like to see us address or address more deeply either in the final session or in future collaborations?
- Gallery Topic 2: What are the pros and cons of using shared video resources? If cons, how can we get around them?
- Gallery Topic 3: What are good ways to keep a collaborative community working together?
- Gallery Topic 4: What are future projects you'd like to see? Next steps?
Continuing Group Work Signups -- Interested leaders and volunteers: add name through chat window, and we'll sign you up right now.
References and Resources