Atmospheric methyl chloroform: a leaky water tank example
Skills and concepts that students must have mastered
- Have reviewed graphing.
- Are familiar with the notation of the derivative and its graphical interpretation.
- Have used Stella II software several times (this is a fairly simple model to construct)
How the activity is situated in the course
Content/concepts goals for this activity
- Be able to model the behavior of an atmospheric trace gas that can be characterized by a single lifetime.
- Use model and observations to estimate emissions and atmospheric lifetime.
- Learn basics of least squares comparison
- Begin to think about how models can help in the development and monitoring of public policy
Higher order thinking skills goals for this activity
Other skills goals for this activity
Description of the activity/assignment
Determining whether students have met the goals
Teaching materials and tips
- Activity Description/Assignment (Microsoft Word 480kB Mar26 10)