San Francisco Neighborhood Highlights and Events
Chinatown scene - within a few blocks of campus. Image taken by K. Wiese.
The highlights and events listed below are just a handful of things to enjoy within San Francisco.
- Kokkari Estiatorio - Greek - 200 Jackson St. (between Front & Battery)
- La Fusion - 745 Pine - homestyle Latino cooking with local California inspiration
- R & G Lounge - 631 Kearny - Chinese
- Tommaso's Italian Restaurant - 1042 Kearny
- The House - Asian Fusion - 1230 Grant
- Cafe Claude - French - 7 Claude Ln (between Bush St & Sutter St)
- Utopia Cafe - Chinese - 139 Waverly Pl
- Franchino - Italian - 347 Columbus Ave (between Grant Ave & Vallejo St)
- E' Tutto Qua - Italian - 270 Columbus Ave (between Broadway St & Jack Kerouac Aly)
- City View - Dim Sum - 662 Commercial St (between Kearny St & Montgomery St) - Mon-Fri 11 am - 2:30 pm | Sat-Sun 10 am - 2:30 pm
- Restaurants in Belden Place - a small alley with a European feel (parallel to Kearny – between Pine and Bush)
Local museums within walking distance
Recommended sights further afield
Sands at Ocean Beach -- western edge of San Francisco.