Assignment #1 (between the March and April sessions)
By Monday, April 2, noon EDT (virtual kickoff)
- Complete the road check to let us know how the workshop is going for you.
By Thursday, April, 5 at COB
- If you have not yet finished providing feedback to everyone in your group on their course goals, please provide that feedback.
By Wednesday, April 11, 10 pm EDT
- Read the workspace pages on the grand challenges, frontiers, and
leading edge ideas for the two groups that you did not participate in.
- Read the feedback from the conveners and other participants on the first draft of your course goals.
- Revise your course goals, and enter the revisions in the second part of your course goals workspace page. Please do not delete the original version.
- Add two strategies that you could use to integrate grand challenges, frontiers, and leading edge ideas into your course.
- You may find the section on setting goals in our Online Course Design Tutorial useful. You might also find the Goals/Syllabus Database
useful as well. Just recognize that not all of the course goals that
have been submitted to this database over the years meet the very
specific criteria that we are asking you to meet in this workshop!
- Read and respond to discussion threads; start discussion threads, if you wish.
- If you want to have a phone or Skype consultation, please send an email.
- start discussion threads, if you wish.
- If you want to have a phone or Skype consultation with Barb, David, or Brian, please send an email.