In order to help you get the most out of the workshop on Teaching Computational Skills and Problem-Solving with MATLAB and Simulink, we ask that you do several things in advance. Here is a list of the preparatory activities and their deadlines. Note that many of these tasks are required as outlined in the workshop participant expectations. If for some reason you are unable to complete or meet the deadline for any of these items please contact Mary Dzaugis (email@example.com).
By November 5
- Register for the workshop by November 5. Note that all accepted applicants need to register in order to attend, and the registration form is not the same form as the application form that you have already filled out.
By December 1
These submissions will be used to select workshop groups, they will be posted on the workshop website, and they will be featured in a web-based collection devoted to teaching computation using MATLAB and Simulink.
- Share a teaching activity or assignment for an engineering or science course that teaches computational skills using MATLAB or Simulink. You must use the online form to share your activity. You can see past workshop participants' activities for examples.
Before the workshop, by December 8
- Create a SERC account if you don't already have one. You will need it to access our private (password-protected) participant workspace during the workshop.
- Complete workshop Pre-work, the link for this page will be available soon. In the meantime, if you would like to get more familiar with MATLAB start by looking at code examples or working through the Onramp training.
- Become familiar with the teaching activities submitted by your fellow workshop participants. We will link to the repository for this workshop once we have submissions!