"How do I know if I'm done?" You can use these statements and questions as a checklist to guide the self-review and determine the readiness of your module for expert review.
Audience and Purpose
- At first glance the user is able to quickly determine the basic content of the site.
- The purpose of the module is clear and its objectives are clearly presented.
- The module design addresses the instructional need.
- It is clear what faculty learn from the modules.
- At first glance the user is able to determine the intended audience of the site.
- The content is easy to understand and appropriate for the faculty and graduate students
- There are no typographical or spelling errors.
- The factual information or content of the module is accurate and complete.
- The module appears to be complete (no empty pages or dead ends, for example).
- There is sufficient information to make the module worth visiting.
- The concepts and principles are appropriately presented without confusing or missing information.
- The content is well organized within the menu structure so that information is easy to find.
- Page names are brief but informative.
- The module will motivate faculty to read and use the site.
- The information is current.
- Each graphic or linked file serves a clear purpose (support content, quality, appeal).
- The references and links for this module are credible.
- Module is well referenced.
- Includes landmark papers.
- No unsupported claims.
- Information from personal experienced labeled as such.
- The links to other pages within the site are helpful and appropriate.
- The content of external linked sites from this module are worthwhile and appropriate to the audience needs/purposes.
- Internal and external links are working properly (no dead ends, no incorrect links, and link text clearly identifying the target site).
Examples (if applicable)
- Directions for examples are clear and easy to follow.
- The examples span an appropriate range of content (from simple to higher order thinking).
- The examples support the objectives of the module.