Montana Aerial Photo Collection
Aerial photo of the beaverhead river in Montana. Details
This photo collection is provided courtesy of Dr. William Bowen, California Geological Survey. It includes aerial images of significant structural features in western Montana.
General Western Montana Collection
Click on a thumbnail to see the full size image
This panorama looks due north up the spine of the Chinese Wall, which defines the continental divide between the drainages of the White River to the west and the Sun River to the east. Glacier National Park is situated in the upper left distance.
This panorama looks south over the Rocky Mountains along the Alberta - British Columbia border. Crowsnest Pass lies in the middle of the image, at the head of the Crowsnest River. Grave Lake is situated just to the right (west) of the image's bottom center. On the right side, the Elk River flows southward to Kootenay River and Lake Koocanusa. Flathead Lake may be seen in the far center distance.
This panorama looks northeast over Flathead Lake towards Glacier National Park. The Mission Range forms the eastern shore of the lake.
This panorama looks toward the east. The glaciated valleys of the Pioneer Mountains lay be seen in the lower left, the isolated uplift of McCartney Mountain in the center with an apparent fault scarp behind it, Ennis Lake in the right distance, and Bozeman near the top center of the image.
Glacier-Sawtooth Region Collection
The Western Montana Atlas of Panoramic Images, a collection of 655 computer generated panoramas that portray every square foot of the state.
The Idaho Atlas of Panoramic Aerial Images, a collection of 1,192 computer generated panoramas that portray every square foot of the state.
Also...Visit the Electronic Map Library for the entire collection of geographic resources, including:
- Atlases of panoramic aerial images for Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and a global atlas
- Animated aerial movies over the Earth's landscapes
- Panoramic aerial maps of California, South Central Sierra Nevada, San Andreas Fault, California's Great Central Valley, and the American West
- Numerous other state and regional digital atlases
- Digital Elevation Models of 7.5' maps of Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
- Online applications and tools for using these models
Special thanks to Dr. Bowen for use of these images.