This workshop is part of the LSAMP IINSPIRE Annual Conference
Room 150-154, Schewan Building, Iowa State Center, Ames Iowa
- Create shared understanding of challenges Alliance partners encounter building programs on their campuses.
- Explore and consider examples and options for building capacity from other institutions.
- Create of a set of approaches and resources for overcome barriers.
- Each participant will write an action plan for one next step they can take.
Session : 3:00 - 5:00 pm
3:00 Welcome and setting the stage. Workshop goals for today. - Jim Swartz
- Discussion of responses from 2016 workshops
- Supporting the whole student
- Building capacity on your campus - bringing together resources.
3:10 Table discussion: What does IINSPIRE look like on your campus? What are you envisioning for the future? - Cailin Huyck Orr
3:30 Building Capacity - example from within IINSPIRE - Angela McKinney, Nebraska Wesleyan Angela McKinney Slides (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 695kB Feb3 17)
3:45 Building Capacity - examples from other networks - Jim and Cailin
4:00 Taking Stock of Your Resources - (exercise from Judith Ramaley - Cailin)
Group Discussion Questions (Microsoft Word 2007 (.docx) 16kB Feb2 17)
4:30 Facilitated sharing with the group - Jim
4:45 Personal action plan - write down your one next step when you return to campus
Personal Action Plan (Microsoft Word 2007 (.docx) 15kB Feb2 17)
4:55 End of Workshop evaluation and ideas for future programsEnd of Workshop Evaluation (Microsoft Word 62kB Feb2 17) e-mail to email@example.com