For the InstructorThese student materials complement the Coastal Processes, Hazards and Society Instructor Materials. If you would like your students to have access to the student materials, we suggest you either point them at the Student Version which omits the framing pages with information designed for faculty (and this box). Or you can download these pages in several formats that you can include in your course website or local Learning Managment System. Learn more about using, modifying, and sharing InTeGrate teaching materials.
Goals and Objectives
Students will assess how government and stakeholders can plan for and respond to coastal hazards.
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- identify important coastal stakeholders;
- review and compare policy options for preparing for and responding to chronic coastal hazards such as sea level rise;
- assess how these stakeholders might weigh the costs and benefits of these policy options;
- identify and use techniques for determining where and when to apply policy options;
- develop a report on sea level rise policy options for a specific place and set of stakeholders.
Lesson 12 Roadmap