From 7-9 pm EASTERN on Thursday, February 10, 2010, we will be holding an optional telecon/Elluminate session. During this session, you'll have a chance to reconnect with friends from the summer workshop, share what you've been up to on the Ambassador Program and Student Research fronts, or just ask some questions.
Participating in the Session
To help you get connected on time, both the teleconference number and the virtual classroom space will be open 15 minutes before the session begins. Please double check the start time of the session for the time zone in which you will be calling. Past participants have been disappointed when they accidentally call into the session an hour early or an hour late!
We will be using the teleconference line for audio and the virtual classroom space for visual demonstrations. This means that you will need to call into the teleconference line AND log into the virtual classroom space at the same time to participate in the review session.
Access Code: 1710167
Elluminate Virtual Meeting
- To connect to the teleconference, dial the 1-800 number above. When prompted, enter the participant access code.
- Clicking the Elluminate link above will take you to the Eyes in the Sky II virtual classroom space. When prompted, please enter your first and last name and click the Login button. During start up you will need to trust the certificate that enables Elluminate to run.
Before the Session: Configure Your Computer for Elluminate Live!
NOTE: If you participated in one of the Review Sessions during the online course, your computer should already be configured for Elluminate Live!
Participants connecting to Elluminate from behind a firewall should consult the Access Guides. Elluminate (as with any remote demonstration/collaboration tool) requires you to download and install files. If you are unable to download files, or do not have administrative privileges to perform installations on your computer, you may not be able to participate in an Elluminate session without additional assistance. Plan ahead!
Elluminate Live! is a Java-based, real-time web collaboration environment built specifically for live multimedia collaboration. It offers features such as direct messaging, application sharing, file transfer, and interactive whiteboards. Before the review session, please follow these simple steps to configure your computer for Elluminate Live!
- Open the Elluminate Live! Java Web Start Installation page.
- Select your operating system. If Java Web Start is already installed on your computer, you will be directed to proceed to the next step. If not, follow the on-screen instructions for installing Java Web Start. NOTE: Macs running OS X are already configured to use Elluminate. Windows users should check their settings well in advance of an Elluminate meeting and may need to manually download and install Java Web Start.
- Click on the Start Elluminate Live! button to test your system configuration. This step is optional, but recommended.