Ambassador Program: Earth Exploration Toolbook Discussion & Implementation
After you have presented an EET chapter to other teachers and/or carried out a classroom project or activity with your students, you may participate in an Implementation Online Discussion.
In the Classroom
The case study of an EET chapter serves as an example of one way in which you might apply the data analysis techniques of the chapter to explore issues or concepts in science, technology or mathematics. Some teachers have implemented the EET case studies as written. Others have adapted the use of the tool, dataset, and analysis techniques to meet their curricular goals.
Sharing Classroom Projects and Activities
Download and complete the template below to share the results of how you have incorporated the techniques of an EET chapter into your teaching. Let us know how you used the EET in the classroom by describing the projects and activities that you carried out with your students. In addition to this template, post a PowerPoint presentation or a text file with screen shots to document your results. Include examples of representative student work (without names) and any handouts or introductory materials you may have provided to accompany the project/activity.
If the materials you used come from other sources and are copy written, please cite where they come from. If you developed the materials you used, then please cite them with Your Name, Copyright Year. For example, Susan Smith, Copyright 2010.
EET Workshops Implementation Template (Microsoft Word 30kB Sep4 07)
This file contains a template for sharing the classroom projects and activities you carried out after participating in an EET Data Analysis Workshop. Right-click on a PC or control-click on a Mac to download the template from the link above.
When you have participated in an Implementation Discussion (below), completed the Implementation Survey, and posted your completed template and your accompanying PowerPoint or text document and commented on what others have done, you will be eligible for a $120 stipend. If you implement several chapters, you must complete the template, the survey and the representative student work for each chapter. Rita Freuder will be in touch with you for the stipend payment procedure.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please fill out an implementation survey for each workshop you implemented. If you presented three workshops, then you would fill out the survey 3 times.
Also, please fill out the forms for the Ambassador Event Documentation and the Ambassador Event Attendees.
Create an Account in the SERC CMS
If you are an Eyes in the Sky Ambassador, you already have an account in the CMS. This project is hosted by the Science Education Resource Center (SERC) at Carleton College. The Content Mangagement System (CMS) enables us to have online discussions. Before you can engage in an online discussion with your colleagues, you will need to create an account in the SERC CMS.
- When you try to post a thread, you will see a message that indicates you need to be logged in to do so. Click on the "Create a New Account" link.
- Fill in the Email Address field with your email. Fill in all of the remaining requested information and click the "Register Now" button. Keep your password in a safe place.
- Click on the "Create New Thread" link at the bottom of the page.
- Fill in a name for your post. For example, ""Albedo Map, January 2009," and click the "Create this new thread" button.
- Write your comments in the text box titled "Add to the Discussion." Then Click on "Include a file with this post" below the text box to add your attachment.
- Provide basic information about the file you are attaching. Click "Show Optional Fields" to fill in additional information about the file.
- Choose the appropriate file type for your attachment and provide a name for the file.
- Provide information about the authorship/reuse license for your attachment. Click "Choose a different authorship/reuse options" if you do not own the copyright to the file you are attaching.
- For files owned by someone else, fill in the appropriate information.
- Click Post this message to publish your comment and attachment. Click on one of the links for your discussion section to return to the main discussion page.
How to Post a Comment
Ambassador Implementation Discussions
Go to the workshop title to post a comment and upload any implementation documents. You will need to use your login from the registration above or one you created for another project that uses the SERC CMS.