March 2 2009 Webinar Information
Use *6 to mute and unmute your telephone line during the call (useful if someone has a lot of background noise
on their end). Unmute to talk, mute to listen.
Once again we will be using Yugma to facilitate the computing aspects of our webinar. You will need to have access to an internet connection. To connect to the Yugma session visit yugma.com/Viewer/viewersignup.php?SessionID=303406615
- Module development coordinators for April 2009 module development workshop
- You should be progressing on the components of your module. An updated Module Developer's Manual was posted on February 28. Please take some time and review it. The major addition is a new section on the use of vocabularies. We'll explain "vocabularies" during the webinar.
- Module components
- Module Introduction
- Description of the Pedagogic Practice
- Effectiveness in Promoting Student Learning
- How to Implement the Pedagogic Practice
- Discipline-Based Teaching Examples
- References and Resources
- Feedback on progress from module developers
- Understanding the CMS
- Workshop Program
- Discussion of goals for workshop
- Draft module components posted online by March 20.
- Draft examples posted online by March 30.
- Begin thinking about your process for soliciting examples for your module
- Provide project description, criteria for examples, and examples your created in preparation for the workshop
- A revised submission form will be available March 1
Information regarding the Starting Point-Teaching Economics project, such as module coordinator responsibilities, module creation resources, schedules, and workshop-related details will be posted regularly on the Starting Point-Teaching Economics site. Check back regularly for updated information. See Starting Point-Teaching Economics Home Page