All workshop materials will be housed on my personal webpage
- Introductions & Norms (30 of us means we'll need to be quick!)
- Quick hands-on with the Columns of the Giants IVFE.
- Use observations made from the Columns of the Giants hands-on to derive & understand the purpose and value of NGSS-aligned VR & AR for all learners at all levels (K-College).
- Tools of the Trade: What equipment is needed to create high-resolution photospheres and 3D models?
- Use pre-made, place-based hi-resolution photospheres (hopefully of Mammoth Cave) to create a simple 2-stop IVFE using 3D Vista Software.
Working Bio Break
- Apply knowledge from beginning of the day to write one or two pedagogically-sound questions for the simple virtual tour. Q's will be collaboratively discussed and refined in small groups.
- Adjourn for the day
- Optional Homework- Make some simple photospheres of the Nashville area on your cell phone or using 360 cameras.
- Overview and housekeeping.
- Learn how to place previous day's questions into 3DVista.
- Learn how to create and add navigation functions into 3DVista.
Learn the basics of creating high resolution 3D models using photogrammetry (Agisoft Metashape).
Place pre-made 3D models into the IVFE tour. (May not be actual samples from Mammoth Cave)
Uploading Tours and Making them Public
Advice on how to meaningfully implement the IVFE in a class setting.
Extension: Student-created simple virtual tours using Google Tour Creator.
Reflections and evaluations.
- Workshop evaluation