Information for First-time Rendezvous Participants
Welcome to the Rendezvous! This page is designed to help attendees navigate the Rendezvous. While designed for first-time attendees, the links below provide a variety of information we hope will be of help to all attendees.
Travel and Maps
- The Participant Information page provides info about getting to the Rendezvous, getting around during the Rendezvous, and some ideas for if you have time to explore the area following the Rendezvous.
- Info on getting to the Rendezvous by air, car, and train. Scroll down the page to learn more about getting around Nashville and more.
- Information about ground transportation to and from the airport can be found on the FlyNashville website. Group shuttles are available, though many require prior reservations.
Download PDF maps (links to interactive directions from hotels to TSU are provided on the Travel and Accommodations page:
- Annotated map of the EER venue (Acrobat (PDF) 8.7MB Jul1 19).
- TSU Farm (Acrobat (PDF) 1.1MB May25 19)
- Conference Hotels (Acrobat (PDF) 1.8MB May25 19)
- Staying on campus? Participants who registered for on-campus housing will be staying at the New Residence Center (NRC). We will send you a separate email with more instructions for how to check in.
Connecting with Others
- We encourage you to check out and use message board to arrange carpools, post ideas about pop-up discussions, or plan get-togethers for meals - especially if you want to connect with other participants about particular topics or with similar interests and experiences.
- See who's attending! You can check out the list of confirmed participants to see if there are others from your area or areas of interest.
- Check out Evening Activities, to connect with others. We'll update this page throughout the Rendezvous, so check back often. If you'd like to add an activity, let us know at the Registration Table.
- [Relatively] new to geoscience education? Check out our jargon list (Acrobat (PDF) 236kB Jul8 19) to get hip to some of the lingo you might hear throughout the week.