Good evening participants,
As you begin the final day in your M-W morning workshop, take a moment to think about your goals at the beginning of the workshop and the goals presented by workshop leaders. Day three is a great time to work together synthesizing efforts while taking away tangible resources, tools, and ideas to improve teaching and learning.
Join us for our group photo!
Meet us at 4:10pm for our official Rendezvous group photo (right after the afternoon mini-workshops and before Wednesday's Poster Session) on the steps in front of the Student Union. See map; between #25 and #26. Don't miss it!
Wednesday's poster session will be located in Humphries 118. Themes include Geoscience Education Research and Professional Development for Undergraduate Students, Graduate Students, and Faculty. Presenters will hang their posters by 8:30 am (the hall will be open to presenters at 8:00am), and the Poster Hall will be open throughout the day.
Calling All "Preparing for an Academic Career" Alumni!
If you are a former participant and/or leader of the "Preparing for an Academic Career Workshop," please consider joining this year's workshop group for lunch tomorrow (Wednesday) to share what you got out of the workshop and any lessons learned on your career path. Please email Catherine Riihimaki (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested, to let the workshop leaders know to expect you. We will depart from Barn Auditorium at 11:35 am.
Event Room Change Reminders
- The Preparing for an Academic Career workshop moved to the Barn Auditorium (Farrell Westbrook Complex) (was formerly in Humphries 118).
- The Teaching Introductory Geoscience with Data and Math in a Societal Context Using GETSI Modules workshop moved to Lawson 110 (was formerly in Humphries 327).
- The GER Writing Working Group moved to Lawson 112 (was formerly in Humphries 320).
Mini-workshops; we have five mini workshops to choose from on Wednesday from 1:30 – 4:00pm:
- Teaching Computation in the Geosciences Using MATLAB, located in the Barn 114
- Make it Better: Assessing and addressing departmental and workplace culture issues, located in Humphries 320
- Broaden and Diversify Your Reach Through Expanding Your Definition of 'Community of Practice', located in Humphries 13
- Telling a New Climate Story — Giving Students a Positive Voice in the Age of Science Denialism, located in Humphries 222
- GER Theoretical Frameworks, located in Humphries 327
Wednesday Evening Events
- Town Hall: Building on the Legacy of the InTeGrate Project - 5:30 – 6:30pm, located in Humphries 221
- GER and Geo2YC Division and Friends Social 7-9pm: On Wednesday evening, come join the GEO2YC, GER and TED Divisions for a social from 6:45-8:45pm at Saltine (https://nashville.saltinerestaurant.com/) located at1918 West End Avenue Nashville, TN, 37203. We look forward to seeing you there!
- LGBTQ+Allies Meetup: We invite any LGBTQ participants and allies to meet up for an informal time of food, drinks, and socializing on Wednesday evening. We'll start the meet-up at 7:00pm and go until people lose interest. Information about the venue will be posted as the Rendezvous approaches but be sure to mark your calendars! Please contact John McDaris (email@example.com, http://serc.carleton.edu/serc/john.html) if you have any questions.