ProgramPre-workshop Activity: Prior to the workshop, please prepare a response to the following and submit send to the conveners.
1. Individually, describe how each of the terms - disciplinary, multidisciplinary, interdisciplinary, and transdisciplinary - are different and how each of the terms are used in the arenas in which you work.
2. Identify three opportunities where you would like to bring new topics into your institution's curriculum that increases student exposure to Earth science concepts and methods. For each opportunity define challenges that need to be overcome.
8:30 Introductions: - Going From Now to New
Water Quality Indiana
Earth Thinking Introduction (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 954kB Jun29 16)
How many disciplines are involved or could be involved?
9:15 Activity: What are you talking about? Defining what you mean?
Objective: Develop a common language related to the various dimensions of "_____disciplinary".
Activities What you Mean-Where We Go Summer 2016 (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 57kB Jun16 16) - Slide 110:00 Break
10:15 Examples of Interdisciplinary Educational Material
- Rick Oches - Corn and Ethanol via Skype
Oches -Corn, Ethanol and Geosciences (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 5.9MB Jul17 16)
- Adam Kuban - Water Quality Indiana
PPT_Water Quality Indiana (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 12.8MB Jul6 16)
11:00 Activity: Where do you/we want to go?
Objective: Define opportunities for the development of new materials and/or plans for activity/course/curriculum development.
Activities What you Mean-Where We Go Summer 2016 (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 57kB Jun16 16) - Slide 2
11:15 Introduction to Interdisciplinary Educational Resources from SERC
11:25 Define Individual and/or Group Paths Forward: Questions to Ponder and review post it notes
Questions to Ponder (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 208kB Jun28 16)
- Monday Photos: Post-it notes and participant photos
8:30 Road Check Review
8:40 Returning to Questions to Ponder Questions to Ponder (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 208kB Jun28 16)
9:30 Interdisciplinary Collaboration Model
- Inquiry-Based Collaborative Team Action Model Interdisciplinary Collaboration Models (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 1.4MB Jul18 16)
- Detailed Questions-Based Checklist and Collaboration Model Planning Questions Linked to Model (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 311kB Jul8 16)
10:00 Create Plan/Intended Outcomes
10:30 Working towards your End in Mind continued
11:30 Adjourn for the day and Road Check
8:30 Road Check Review
8:40 Small Group - Share Plan/Intended Outcomes
9:10 Strategies and Methods to Get to the End - Some Considerations
Remember EMBERS Remember EMBERS (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 2MB Jul18 16)
10:15 Small Group Discussion
- Overcoming Hardship and Hurdles
- Accountability for Future - How do you define success
10:45 Share Action Plans
11:15 Big Picture Returns Big Picture Returns (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 104kB Jun29 16) & [link EOW.htmlWorkshop evaluation']