Each abstract web page is pre-populated with information from the abstract submission form. Author names, institutions, pictures, and linked biographies can be updated by logging into (or creating) your SERC account. If you don't have an existing account please create one using the e-mail address you provided on the abstract submission form; if you have an existing account under a different email address, please contact Kristin O'Connell (email@example.com). Once on your account page, you'll see links along the left hand side of the page to "Edit your Bio," "Change your Photo," and "Edit Personal Info." Any changes you make to these sections will propagate to your abstract page.
Oral Presenter Guidelines
Presentations will be submitted to a form on the Rendezvous website no later than 8:00am on the morning of your talk. We will offer you the opportunity to post your slides on your abstract page if you would like to be able to share your presentation with a broader audience. This option will only be available to presentations that meet the copyright requirements for online publishing.
The Rendezvous will provide a unique opportunity for you to present and discuss your findings to a captive audience of Earth Educators. Sets of talks are followed by discussion, allowing time to synthesize current findings and plan for next steps. As such, please format your presentation such that:
- Presentation length: 13 minutes in length with 2 additional minutes available for questions.
- File format:
- PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx)
- Adobe PDF (.pdf)
- Word (.doc, .docx)
- File size: 100MB or less is highly recommended
- Operating system: The presentation laptop will be a Mac with current versions of PowerPoint, Word, and Adobe. Use only standard fonts to ensure that your presentation will load properly.
- Uploading: Submit presentation to this form by 8:00am the morning of your talk. Be sure to include video files, if applicable.
- Testing file: If you are concerned about your presentation displaying properly, you can stop by your presentation room starting at 12:30 the day of your talk and check it on the official laptop.
Additionally, we encourage you to attend the poster session devoted to your session theme. Oral session chairs are drawn from both oral and poster presenters, and both types of presentations will be represented in the discussion at the end of the oral session.
Poster Presenter Guidelines
Poster sessions occur from 11:30am to 1:30pm daily. Posters are expected to be posted for the entirety of the day that you are presenting (8:30am- 4:15pm). The room will be open at 7:30am and will be closed for the day at 4:30pm. You are expected to be standing at your poster for at least one of the two poster session hours.
- Size: Maximum poster dimensions are 36" height x 48" width
- Supplies: Push pins will be available in the Aspen Room
- Setup/Takedown: Poster up by 8:30am, down by 4:15pm
- Presentation time: 11:30am-1:30pm
We will offer you the opportunity to post your poster file on your abstract page if you would like to share your findings with a broader audience. This option will only be available to presentations that meet the copyright requirements for online publishing. Consider attending related oral sessions, if there are ideas that you'd like to bring up in the session discussion.
Additionally, we encourage you to attend and contribute to the discussion session at the end of the oral session devoted to your session theme. Oral session chairs are drawn from both oral and poster presenters, and both types of presentations will be represented in the discussion and the end of the oral session.
There are nearby food options available for lunch.