Alumni Guest House Meeting Room
Dec. 7, Wednesday
- Lunch with the "Writing with Numbers" workshop
- Introduction & welcome. Workshop goals and processes.
Alumni Guest House Library
- Share Pre-Workshop Perspectives in interdisciplinary teams
- Listening and note-taking on individual perspectives on Carleton's energy future
- Small group discussion of 3 perspective pieces (key ideas, key questions, key methods, etc...)
- Creation of an imaginary "blended inquiry" seminar by team using small group perspectives
Dec. 8, Thursday
- Presentation of "blended seminars" by interdisciplinary teams
- Reaction of large group to blended inquiry seminars (post-it exercise)
- Report by Richard Strong and Fred Rogers: Carleton's perspective on its energy situation and future (PowerPoint 586kB Apr3 06) (client perspective)
- Large group discussion of Richard's and Fred's presentation
Dec. 9, Friday
- Additional insights from participants about Richard and Fred's presentation on the college perspective, and the workshop overall
- How to enhance interdisciplinary teaching of energy and other problems at Carleton?
- Next steps in faculty and curriculum development?
- Workshop evaluation and summary (Microsoft Word 35kB Apr3 06)