Screen Sharing with Adobe Connect
Presentations will take place through an Adobe Connect screen-sharing session; we will not be using the in-meeting audio feature of Adobe Connect, so you will need both an Internet connection and a phone line to participate the meeting.
During plenary sessions, all participants will be in the same virtual "room," able to view the presentation, chat with one another, and ask questions. During break-out sessions, participants will be split into smaller working groups and assigned new "rooms." You will be able to talk to your group members, share screens and upload documents. Your group leader or the web support staff will help you make the most of these tools.
Accessing the Meeting
All participants will be emailed a link to access the Adobe Connect session. The link can also be found in the participant workspace (SERC account required - see below). After you follow the link, you will be asked to enter your name (for the participant list) and given two options to access the meeting audio:
Option 1: Have the meeting call you.
This is the easiest option, but you must have a phone number for the meeting to call; a landline works best. Please regard cell phones as a last resort, as they can cause static for other participants.
Option 2: Dial into the meeting manually.
If you are calling in on Skype or another VoIP service, select this option. Please note that there are further instructions hidden near the bottom of the pop-up box that you must scroll down to see.
- Speakerphones are great for listening to plenary sessions, but can cause echoes and feedback when you speak, so you may want to pick up the handset during break-out sessions.
- A headset is highly recommended for presenters and co-leaders, but is not necessary.
- Please regard cell phones as a last resort as they can create static for other participants.
Setting up Your SERC Account
If you do not have a SERC account, you must create one using the following instructions. You can also watch a screencast below on how to create an account.
- Create an account on this page with the same email address you used when you applied for the workshop.
- Once you have an account, your account page will contain a list of everything on the SERC site that you have access to, including any materials you may have contributed.
A 5-minute How-To Screencast
See how to create an account; edit your profile; and submit and edit an assignment or activity.
Contact Molly Kent at email@example.com