Workshop Lodging Recommendations
Please note that you must make your own lodging arrangements. The following are suggested options, but you should make whatever arrangements best fit your budget. Please check the participant list if you would like to make your own arrangements to share a room (double occupancy) with another participant.
*NOTE: public transportation should be sufficient for participating in all activities at this workshop. However, should you want to bring a car, the Hilton Hotel is offering us a $15/car/day rate. The Hilton is across the street from the venue.
615 Broadway, at the corner of Broadway and Grant; located 3 blocks north and 1 block west of campus. These accommodations are lovely and our top recommendation.
- Website: http://www.swhotel.com/rooms.html
- Phone: (415) 362-2999 or 1-888-595-9188
- Rates: $129/night + tax (15.5%), single occupancy -- guaranteed as long as you indicate you're with the "On the Cutting Edge Workshop" or Group confirmation #B1FG12. The hold and rate will disappear after May 8, 2013.
- They are holding 30 rooms at $129.00/plus tax (15.50%) per night starting June 16, 2013 for 6 nights
- Reservations: Monday - Friday (8:00 AM - 8:00 PM)
- Booking after May 08, 2013 will be subject to availability and rate from $169.00 and up.
- Complimentary continental breakfast 7-10 am
- Parking $30/night first-come, first-served
- Wi-fi – ask front desk for password at check-in
- No smoking and pets allowed.
Fort Mason, Building 240, 1.7 miles northwest of campus. Wonderful location, right on the water and in the National Park, but you will need to walk ~35 minutes to venue or take MUNI bus #30.
- Website: http://sfhostels.com/fishermans-wharf/
- Phone: (415) 771-7277
- Rates: $28/night, bunk room with shared bathrooms, and $80-100/night, private room
- Wi-fi available
- Free parking
Hotel North Beach
935 Kearny St, at the corner of Kearny and Columbus and 2 blocks north of campus. Hostel and extended stay accommodations are available; good location, lovely old building, and very small rooms with shared baths.
- Phone: (415) 986-9911
- Rates: $60/night, single occupancy and $300/week
- Refrigerator and microwave in rooms.
- Wi-fi available