Resource web pages:
- Student Learning Outcomes for Introductory Oceanography -- including suggested teaching activities and assessments
- Field trip Ideas -- activities that can be completed and questions that can be pondered by students during field trips at a variety of sites, including aquaria, wetlands, and coasts.
- Teaching about Ocean Stewardship and Sustainability -- a collection of teaching activities and ideas surrounding key topics of ocean stewardship, including fisheries, mining, and transportation.
- Participant Share Fair Presentations -- each participant participated in a teaching-activity Share Fair and uploaded their materials for sharing online during and after
- Peer review of over 85 teaching activities (a review that elevates exemplary activities to the top of search lists)
- Contribution of 115 new online resources including syllabi, visualizations, and activities
- An email list and Facebook page devoted to the development and support of an ongoing network of faculty teaching oceanography
- Individual action plans to incorporate active learning techniques, Web-based strategies, and real data sets
- Website with links to workshop presentations, discussion summaries, teaching activity collections, and related online resources.
- An upcoming Journal of Geoscience Education Oceanography theme issue highlighting tested best-practice techniques in teaching Introductory Oceanography.
- Guide to aspiring authors (developed in concert with workshop participants in preparation for the oceanography-themed issue)
- Call for papers: JGE Call for Papers (Acrobat (PDF) 453kB Feb8 14)
- ASLO February 2014 Presentation: Workshop Outcomes (Acrobat (PDF) 2.1MB Feb14 14)