August 2-5, 2007
Deadline for applications: March 15, 2007.
University of Wisconsin, Madison
This workshop is designed specifically for graduate students and post-doctoral fellows who are interested in pursuing academic careers. Faculty members and administrators will provide guidance and information that will help participants to be stronger candidates for academic positions and to succeed in academic jobs. Session topics focus on becoming both a successful teacher and researcher. Each participant will take home ideas to improve teaching right now and will develop a personal action plan.
Note: We have also developed a set of online resources for folks who are preparing for an academic career in the geosciences. These webpages focus on the job search process, preparing to teach, and moving your research forward. You do not have to attend the workshop to view these pages.
- Heather Macdonald, College of William and Mary
- Robyn Wright Dunbar, Stanford University
- Jean Bahr, University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Elizabeth Canuel, Virginia Institute of Marine Science
- Kurt Friehauf, Kutztown University
- Paul Hoskin, University of Calgary
- Mike Phillips, Illinois Valley Community College
- Ashanti Pyrtle, University of South Florida
- David Steer, University of Akron
- Benjamin Surpless, Trinity University
- Kathleen Surpless, Trinity University