More Ways to Navigate
Projects and Collaborations
Find projects on which SERC is a leader or collaborator
You can use this page to search through past workshops run by SERC-hosted projects. Search for a specific topic or choose from the box on the right to see all the workshops sponsored by a particular project. You may also be interested in our upcoming workshops.
- A Civil Action - The Woburn Toxic Trial 1 match
- ACM Pedagogic Resources 10 matches
- Broadening Access to the Sciences 2 matches
- Building Strong Departments 15 matches
- Chronos Workshop 1 match
- CISMI 7 matches
- CLEAN 4 matches
- Climate Education in an Age of Media 2 matches
- Cutting Edge 130 matches
- Earth Educators Rendezvous 21 matches
- EarthScope in the Northern Rockies Workshop 1 match
- GeoEthics 1 match
- GETSI 1 match
- ICSCL 2 matches
- Integrate 34 matches
- Integrative Science & Math Education at Carleton 1 match
- K-8 Geo Teacher Preparation 1 match
- LSAMP IINSPIRE 3 matches
- MARGINS Data in the Classroom 5 matches
- Math You Need 3 matches
- NAGT 32 matches
- National Institute for Faculty Equity 5 matches
- National Numeracy Network 2 matches
- Neotoma 1 match
- Network of STEM Education Centers 3 matches
- Parallel Computing in the Computer Science Curriculum 4 matches
- Pedagogy in Action 6 matches
- Quantitative Skills 5 matches
- QuIRK 2 matches
- Reconsidering the Textbook 1 match
- SAGE 2YC 36 matches
- Starting Point: Teaching and Learning Economics 10 matches
- State Your Case 1 match
- Sustainability Workshop 1 match
- Teacher Preparation 2 matches
- Teaching Computation in the Sciences Using MATLAB 1 match
- Teaching Genomics at Small Colleges 3 matches
- Using Data in the Classroom 7 matches
Results 1 - 10 of 367 matches
Supporting Academic Success in the Geosciences at Two-Year Colleges in Southern California
Dec 2 2016 Workshop Date Friday, December 2, 2016 (8:30 AM - 4 PM) Workshop Location Mt. San Antonio College, 1100 North Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789 REGISTRATION DEADLINE: November 4, 2016. Register here. Join other ...
Teaching about the Critical Zone and the Changing Biosphere
Nov 30 2016 Wednesday, November 30th 10:00 am PT | 11:00 am MT | 12:00 pm CT | 1:00 pm ET Presenters: Camille Holmgren (SUNY Buffalo State) and Tim White (Penn State University) This webinar is part of a series supporting ...
Teaching the Impacts of Human Carbon Emissions on the Atmosphere, Oceans, and Economy
Nov 17 2016 Next Webinar Biosphere and Critical Zone Wednesday, November 30th 10:00 am PT | 11:00 am MT | 12:00 pm CT | 1:00 pm ET Thursday, November 17th 10:00 am PT | 11:00 am MT | 12:00 pm CT | 1:00 pm ET Presenters: ...
Making Your Course Worth Their Time: Maximizing Student Learning in your Introductory and General Education Earth Science Courses
Nov 10 2016 November 10, 2016 1:00 PM Pacific | 2:00 PM Mountain | 3:00 PM Central | 4:00 PM Eastern Registration for this event is closed. Click to watch the screencast.Download the webinar slides (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) ...
Active Learning: Hood to Coast
Nov 5 2016 November 5, 2016 Mount Hood Community College REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday October 28th This free one-day workshop will explore active learning from "Hood to Coast" while focusing on stormwater. You ...
PaSSAGE to Student Success in Florida 2YCs
Nov 4 2016 This event has already occurred. Friday, November 4, 2016 at Daytona State College Institute of Marine and Environmental Studies Daytona Beach, Florida The PArtnership to Support, Strengthen and Advance Geoscience ...
Not Just Rocks! We Know Other Stuff, Too! Geosciences in the Modern World
Oct 28 2016 Friday 28 October 2016 UW-Manitowoc REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 21 October 2016 How do we attract students to the Geosciences? How do we use our classrooms to enhance student interest in the Geosciences? How can we ...
Addressing Energy Sources and their Impact on the Environment
Oct 28 2016 Next Webinar Climate, Oceans, and Atmosphere Thursday, November 17th 10:00 am PT | 11:00 am MT | 12:00 pm CT | 1:00 pm ET Friday, October 28th 9:00 am PT | 10:00 am MT | 11:00 am CT | 12:00 pm ET Presenters: Pete ...
Teaching Computation in the Sciences Using MATLAB
Oct 23-25 2016 October 23-25, 2016 Carleton College, Northfield, MN This workshop will bring together faculty from the sciences, including Chemistry, Geoscience, Physics, Biology, and allied fields, who teach computation and ...
Improving Instruction and Supporting Transfer Opportunities in the Geosciences in the San Francisco Bay Area
Oct 22 2016 Deadline to register: None October 22, 2016 De Anza College At this workshop we will be sharing ideas with one another on active learning approaches in our classes, student retention, better supporting transfer ...